This year McKinley Carter announced its third annual Excellence in Advising award winners. The program was established in 2021 to recognize the quality and type of service that our investment advisor representatives provide to clients and colleagues.
Once again, Principal and Director of Advisory Services Brian T. Gongaware, CFP® coordinated the internal awards program and encouraged nominations from among the firm’s client base.
“This year, we were delighted to see well over 100 nominations submitted from clients who were eager to share their experiences with us,” Gongaware said. “The Excellence in Advising awards continue to demonstrate through specific stories of service and mentorship how these advisors rose to the occasion and surpassed expectations.”
In all, 18 advisors were celebrated in 10 different categories. The 2023 Excellence in Advising award winners are:
- Excellence in Advising Business Owners: The Wheeling Advisory Team of David McKinley, Teresa Michaels, and Chelsea Clegg
- Excellence in Client Experience: The Charleston Advisory Team of Drew Tardy and David Wilcox
- Excellence in Dream Catching: The Dayton Advisory Team of Chris Buck, Nick Stebner, and Marta Woodman
- Excellence in Gifts of Knowledge: Nick Stebner (2-time winner in this category)
- Excellence in Advisor Mentorship: The Charleston Advisory Team of Jay Williams and Jeffrey Stenhouse
- Excellence in Emerging Wealth: Carmen Petote
- Excellence in Advising Seniors: Brad Foster
- Excellence in Philanthropic Advising: The Dayton Advisory Team of Ty Phillippi, Julie Brown, and Rich Oliver
- Excellence in Client Education: Kameron Smith
- Excellence in Overcoming Client Challenges: John Slicer (2-time winner in this category)
McKinley Carter Wealth Services is an SEC-registered independent wealth management firm that provides Wealth Management and Trust Services for individuals and families committed to growing and protecting their wealth across multiple generations; Retirement Plan Services for businesses focused on the long-term financial success of their owners and employees; and Nonprofit Advisory Services for nonprofit organizations seeking long-term financial security and sustainability. The firm operates out of six regional offices: Wheeling and Charleston (W.Va.); Pittsburgh and Johnstown (PA); Gaithersburg, MD; and Dayton, OH.
Disclosure: The Excellence In Advising award is presented internally by McKinley Carter Wealth Services. McKinley Carter takes into consideration the quality and type of service that our investment advisor representatives provide to clients and colleagues when choosing the recipient of the awards.