David P. Wilcox II, CPWA®
David serves as a Financial Strategist in the Charleston office. By offering bespoke advice to each client he helps individuals and families in West Virginia and across the country put meaning behind the money to achieve their goals. David also works closely with McKinley Carter's Investment Strategy Committee to provide ongoing due diligence on the firm's private market investment offerings.
Licensing and Education
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Finance Marshall University
- Certified Private Wealth Advisor (CPWA®)
- Post graduate certificate from the University of Oxford Saïd School of Business for completion of the Oxford Private Markets Investments Programme
- Post graduate certificate from Yale School of Management for the course, "Wealth Management Theory & Practice"
- FINRA Series 7, 6, 63, 65
Accomplishments and Honors
Prior to joining McKinley Carter, David spent a combined eight years with two of the largest insurance and brokerage firms in the industry. Specialized applications of life insurance for trusts, special needs and estate planning, and advanced wealth transfer strategies are just a few of David’s professional interests. In 2021, he earned the Certified Private Wealth Advisor (CPWA®) designation.
As a recipient of the Eagle Scout Award, David serves as a mentor for the Boy Scouts of America. Among his favorite topics to teach are wilderness cooking and mountaineering. Outside of the office, David enjoys gourmet cooking, backpacking and international travel.
Expect to Leave Invigorated.
Every conversation with McKinley Carter is an energizing experience, an opportunity to take your financial instincts and confidence to the next level—starting with the very first one.