We believe the quality of our business is in direct proportion to the quality of our team of associates. We value their individual talents and support their continued professional growth.
McKinley Carter Wealth Services and our affiliated organizations are always seeking friendly, experienced, positive, competent, and ethical professionals to complement existing team members in all of our office locations. We currently have offices in the following locations/communities:
- Charleston, WV (Branch Office)
- Dayton, OH (Branch Office)
- Gaithersburg, MD (Branch Office)
- Johnstown, PA (Branch Office)
- Pittsburgh, PA (Branch Office)
- Wheeling, WV (Corporate Headquarters)
Executive Assistant to the President (Wheeling, WV)
Searching for the indispensable business assistant!
The president of McKinley Carter Wealth Services is seeking a professional business assistant.
The ideal candidate is personable, assertive, well-organized, open to learning, and an expert user of general technology and Microsoft applications. He/she must be able to communicate effectively, address issues with tact and diplomacy, and anticipate project needs. Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field and previous work experience as an executive assistant is preferred.
The role requires sound judgment, the ability to work at a fast pace and with minimal direction at times, and discretion in dealing with confidential subject matter.
Primary duties include:
- schedule management
- preparation of correspondence
- project management and coordination
- research and data analysis
McKinley Carter Wealth Services is a fast-growing wealth management firm that provides financial planning, wealth management, retirement plan services, and trust services to individuals, businesses, and nonprofits. Having been named by InvestmentNews as one of the nation’s “Best Places to Work for Financial Advisors” and recognized as a Five Diamond Employer by the WV Chamber of Commerce, MCWS has built a positive and healthy corporate culture where dedicated professionals can thrive. Moreover, the firm is comprised of a close-knit team of people who care deeply about their colleagues, appreciate the contributions of others, and recognize the value of a good sense of humor.
This is a full-time position located in the firm’s headquarters in Wheeling, WV.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
To apply, please click HERE.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Financial Strategist (Wheeling, WV)
Job Description Summary:
To help MCWS clients design and implement all appropriate financial strategies in a manner that is consistent with MCWS’s legal and contractual obligations, providing effective and efficient client care and coordination, while meeting or exceeding firm performance objectives.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to deal with clients and employees of all backgrounds in fast-paced, high performance work environment
- At least 5 years of professional experience preferred, specifically in one or more domains of financial services (investments, banking, insurance, accounting, law, career/business planning/coaching).
- Series 65 or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree or 10 years of equivalent financial services experience preferred.
- Commitment to securing a CFP designation or a determined training equivalent of value to the firm within three (3) years from start of the role.
- Ability to apply technical skills needed to analyze client/prospects’ basic financial issues and opportunities.
- Communication and leadership skills needed (i) to understand and appropriately document assertions and interpretations relating to client/prospect’s financial situation, (ii) to lead client conversations that educate clients about their specific financial issues and opportunities, and (iii) to mobilize clients, MCWS staff, and others to implement such strategies.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, advanced CRM and equivalent technology systems.
- Building trust with MCWS team members and competence within the role by:
- Acknowledging team member strengths, understanding firm roles/responsibilities, and firm goals and objectives,
- Helping staff advance their careers at MCWS by increasing their knowledge/skills in operational and financial matters.
- Making and fulfilling clear requests and commitments
- Effectively and efficiently communicating and collaborating that contributes to positive teamwork.
Identifying, designing, and leading opportunities to improve MCWS workflow processes.
- Working ethically and productively while maintaining proper firm and industry compliance.
- Building trust with each MCWS client/prospect by coordinating MCWS staff’s design and delivery of financial strategies for each client/prospect. More specifically, by:
- Leading discovery discussions with each client/prospect to learn about his/her personal concerns and objectives and to gather information and interpretations about his/her total financial situation,
- Analyzing each client/prospect’s basic and advanced financial issues and opportunities,
- Reviewing clients/prospects’ assets/liabilities, income/expenses, and cash flow,
- Educating client about their total investment allocation and relevant financial issues/opportunities,
- Mobilizing clients/prospects to take actions to improve their financial situation, and
- Assuring that MCWS advisory staff and client understand all next steps (who, what when) at end of each client conversations.
- Contributing to all stages of sales process, including but not limited to causing persons with whom said FS has a pre-existing relationship (e.g., family, friends, colleagues, business, and civic relations) to learn about how MCWS may be able to help them manage their total financial situation.
- Complying with all applicable firm and department/division standard practices, policies, and procedures.
- Continually increasing professional knowledge, skills, and competence within the role.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
To apply, please click HERE.
- Experienced Advisors: If you currently have at least 8 or more years of experience as an advisor, please contact us to discuss our solutions for supporting our advisors. There are immediate employment opportunities at all of our office locations.
- College Students: From time-to-time and depending upon needs we provide paid or unpaid student internships as well as shadowing opportunities which can lead to future employment with
our firm. We generally seek college students who are going into their junior or senior years and who have excelled in their academic life by way of GPA, honors/awards, etc. in such disciplines as, but not limited
to, economics, finance, law, accounting, management and technology.
- If you have an interest in joining our successful team, please download and complete the employment application provided and submit it along with a cover letter, resume and list of references to email@example.com. You may also fax your applicant information to 304-230-2401.
- Employment Application