We believe the quality of our business is in direct proportion to the quality of our team of associates. We value their individual talents and support their continued professional growth.
McKinley Carter Wealth Services and our affiliated organizations are always seeking friendly, experienced, positive, competent, and ethical professionals to complement existing team members in all of our office locations. We currently have offices in the following locations/communities:
- Charleston, WV (Branch Office)
- Dayton, OH (Branch Office)
- Gaithersburg, MD (Branch Office)
- Johnstown, PA (Branch Office)
- Parkersburg, WV (Branch Office)
- Pittsburgh, PA (Branch Office)
- Wheeling, WV (Corporate Headquarters)
Client Coordinator (Pittsburgh Office)
McKinley Carter is a fast-growing wealth management firm that provides financial planning, wealth management, retirement plan services, and trust services to individuals, businesses, and nonprofits. Having been named by InvestmentNews as one of the nation’s “Best Places to Work for Financial Advisors” and recognized as a Five Diamond Employer by the WV Chamber of Commerce, MCWS has built a positive and healthy corporate culture where dedicated professionals can thrive. Moreover, the firm is comprised of a close-knit team of people who care deeply about their colleagues, appreciate the contributions of others, and recognize the value of a good sense of humor.
As a Client Coordinator you never stop thinking about our clients. You believe challenges are not unmovable obstacles, but rather are achievable opportunities. You will be a source of accountability for providing an outstanding client experience. You will be the champion for all service initiatives in the area of client management. As the successful Client Coordinator, you will assist a team of Financial Strategists to help maintain their client relationships. In addition, we will rely on your creativity and enthusiasm by performing the following duties:
- Building trust with MCWS team members and competence within the role by:
- Acknowledging team member strengths, understanding firm roles/responsibilities, and firm goals/objectives.
- Effectively and efficiently communicating and collaborating in a way that contributes to positive teamwork.
- Identifying, helping resolve, and/or designing the improvement of MCWS workflow processes, practices, etc.
- Working ethically and productively while maintaining proper firm and industry compliance.
- Building trust with each MCWS client/prospect by:
- Learning about each client/prospect’s personal concerns and objectives,
- Scheduling and participating in client/prospect meetings as appropriate,
- Documenting assertions, interpretations, and plans of action relating to client/prospect’s financial situation,
- Assuring that requests from client/prospect are handled on a timely basis,
- Coordinating and monitoring MCWS staff compliance with all service-related standard practices,
- Helping mobilize clients/prospects to take actions to improve their financial situation.
- Contributing appropriately to all sales and client service activities with internal and external partners.
- Complying with all applicable firm and department/division standard practices, policies, and procedures.
- Continually increasing professional knowledge, skills, and competence within the role.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to deal with clients and employees of all backgrounds in fast-paced, high performing work environment.
- At least 1 year of client service and/or administrative experience, preferably in the financial services industry and/or a service-related industry, or documented aptitude to provide such service.
- Series 65. Commitment to secure at least one (1) additional qualified education and certification (ie FPQP). If the candidate does not possess the Series 65 yet, it would need to be passed within 90 days of employment.
- Communication and administrative skills needed (i) to understand and appropriately document assertions and interpretations relating to client/prospect’s financial situation, and (ii) to coordinate implementation of financial strategies.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel are expected. A candidate should also have the capacity to quickly learn advanced CRM, portfolio management systems, financial modeling tools, and equivalent technology systems.
- Experience with content creation is desirable including blogging.
Compensation is commensurate with experience. In addition, MCWS offers an excellent benefits package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, a generous paid time off package, as well as a 401(k).
If interested, please email your resumé to email@example.com by March 16, 2021.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Experienced Advisors: If you currently have at least 8 or more years of experience as an advisor, please contact us to discuss our solutions for supporting our advisors. There are immediate employment opportunities at all of our office locations.
College Students: From time-to-time and depending upon needs we provide paid or unpaid student internships as well as shadowing opportunities which can lead to future employment with
our firm. We generally seek college students who are going into their junior or senior years and who have excelled in their academic life by way of GPA, honors/awards, etc. in such disciplines as, but not limited
to, economics, finance, law, accounting, management and technology.
If you have an interest in joining our successful team, please download and complete the employment application provided and submit it along with a cover letter, resume and list of references to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also fax your applicant information to 304-230-2401.