This year McKinley Carter launched its first Excellence in Advising award program to recognize the quality and type of service that our investment advisor representatives provide to clients and colleagues.
Principal and Director of Advisory Services Brian T. Gongaware, CFP® was instrumental in structuring the firm’s internal awards program.
“Throughout 2020, I’ve been very impressed by how our advisors have met the many challenges, both personally and professionally,” Gongaware said. “The Excellence in Advising awards are intended to demonstrate through specific stories of service and mentorship how these advisors rose to the occasion and surpassed our expectations.”
In all, 12 advisors were celebrated in 10 different categories. The 2021 Excellence in Advising award winners are:
- Excellence in Advising Business Owners: Monica M. Garver
- Excellence in Client Experience: Chris Buck
- Excellence in Dream Catching: The Gaithersburg Office Team of Brian Lipton and Dave Walker
- Excellence in Gifts of Knowledge: Joshua Johnson and Brad Foster
- Excellence in Advisor Mentorship: David McKinley
- Excellence in Emerging Wealth Award: Nicole Gabriel
- Excellence in Advising Seniors: Nick Stebner
- Excellence in Philanthropic Advising: John Binz
- Excellence in Client Education: Kameron Smith and Jay Williams
- Excellence in Overcoming Client Challenges: Teresa Michaels
McKinley Carter Wealth Services is an SEC-registered independent wealth management firm that provides Wealth Management and Trust Services for individuals and families committed to growing and protecting their wealth across multiple generations; Retirement Plan Services for businesses focused on the long-term financial success of their owners and employees; and Nonprofit Advisory Services for nonprofit organizations seeking long-term financial security and sustainability. The firm operates out of seven regional offices: Wheeling, Charleston, and Parkersburg (W.Va.); Pittsburgh and Johnstown (PA); Gaithersburg, MD; and Dayton, OH.
Disclosure: The Excellence In Advising award is presented internally by McKinley Carter Wealth Services. McKinley Carter takes into consideration the quality and type of service that our investment advisor representatives provide to clients and colleagues when choosing the recipient of the awards.