Brian T. Gongaware, CFP®, SE-AWMA™
Director of Advisory Services
Brian leads the firmwide fulfillment of commitments our advisors make to our clients through each of our three services (Wealth Management, Retirement Plan Services and Nonprofit Advisory Services). He also helms the Pittsburgh office, working with a team of advisors in the design and delivery of artistic solutions to complex financial challenges.
Licensing and Education
- Bachelor of Arts in Business, Financial Planning Grove City College
- Master of Business Administration in Finance and Management John F. Donahue Graduate School of Business, Duquesne University
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional
- Entrepreneurial Fellows Class Institute for Entrepreneurial Excellence, University of Pittsburgh
- Master Executive Course Magellan Executive Partners
- Sports and Entertainment Accredited Wealth Management Advisor™ (SE-AWMA™), College of Financial Planning
Accomplishments and Honors
Brian has been recognized as a “Five Star Wealth Manager Award” recipient for 12 consecutive years (2012-2023). He has also had the privilege to coach and guide several hundred professional advisors through speaking engagements, mentorships and industry leadership opportunities. His passion for leading and coaching others in building financial literacy carries over into his work with the Pittsburgh community. Most recently, Brian was awarded the 2021 E. Alan Bates Community Service Award by Anchorpoint Counseling Ministry for his many years of public service in the Pittsburgh area.
Brian enjoys helping businesses that are facing business challenges of growth and sustainability and has served numerous organizations in fiduciary and advisory board capacities. Brian is passionate about learning, applying past experiences to new scenarios, identifying emerging threats and opportunities and leveraging extensive financial expertise to add value to critical financial decisions. Brian is blessed with a loving family; his wife, Joyce, and two daughters. He cheers for his hometown teams with enthusiasm and unrealistic expectations.
Expect to Leave Invigorated.
Every conversation with McKinley Carter is an energizing experience, an opportunity to take your financial instincts and confidence to the next level—starting with the very first one.